hawk-i Dental Benefits Program through Delta Dental of Iowa
Delta Dental of Iowa is the primary administrator of the hawk-i dental benefits program. For more information on the hawk-i dental program through Delta Dental of Iowa, click on the links below.
- Dental Benefits - To see your current summary of covered services and benefits click here.
- ID Cards - Delta Dental of Iowa will send you a welcome packet that will include your ID card.
- Participating Dentists and Covered Services - In order to be eligible for hawk-i dental benefits, you must visit a participating dentist in the Delta Dental Premier network. To determine if your provider is participating in the Delta Dental Premier network, click here.
- hawk-i -Orthodontic Benefit - The hawk-i program covers orthodontic services. These benefits are only available if they are considered medically necessary. Orthodontics for cosmetic reasons only are not covered. Below are some examples.
You must use a participating hawk-i Orthodontic Panel Provider to take advantage of orthodontic benefit coverage. Click here for the hawk-i Orthodontic Panel Provider listing. Be sure to confirm hawk-i orthodontic panel participation directly with the dentist at the time of service.
- Your middle-school-age child has a significant overbite with several teeth out of position that makes it difficult for him or her to chew. This condition may harm your child's health. So, it may be considered for benefits. Talk with your dentist to find out more.
- Your middle-school age child is embarrassed of his or her smile because of crooked teeth but the jaws are acceptably aligned. This condition is not an immediate health concern. It does not qualify for the benefit.
- Dentist Appointments - The ID printed on the front of the card will be used by your provider to file claims with Delta Dental. Make sure you are visiting a dentist participating in the Delta Dental network and tell the dentist you are a hawk-i member covered by Delta Dental.
If you have questions regarding this information or any other questions related to your dental benefits, please contact us at 800-544-0718.