2020 Strategic Goals
The Delta Dental of Iowa Foundation's long-term, strategic direction focuses funding primarily to programs and investments that help support two new visionary oral health 2020 goals, which include:
- Every Iowa child age 0-12, living in a household with an income below 300 percent of the federal poverty level, will be cavity-free.
- Every Iowa nursing home resident and homebound elderly person will have access to oral health care.
As part of the new strategic direction, the Foundation will begin to shift funding to oral health projects supporting these new goals. To achieve the two visionary goals, the Foundation's future funding will focus on four critical areas:
- Oral health education and prevention
- Access to care for underserved children
- Access to care for the homebound elderly and nursing home residents