DeltaVision Free Vision Clinic
Delta Dental of Iowa in partnership with Oakridge Neighborhood, Prevent Blindness Iowa and OneSight, a national nonprofit providing access to quality vision care and glasses, is bringing a volunteer-led, free, vision clinic to Des Moines. Services will include a comprehensive vision exam and glasses, if needed, during the three-day event.
We Need You and Your Vision Team!
OneSight is providing the vision exam equipment, glasses, and clinic management. We are currently looking for ophthalmologists, optometrists, opticians, and medical professionals to provide vision care. The three-day clinic is expected to provide care for 300 patients and requires the following volunteers:
- 30 Ophthalmologists and Optometrists (eye health, refraction)
- 50 skilled volunteers (medical and vision professionals, and students for visual acuities, autorefraction, dilation and tonometry, frame fitting)
- 50 general volunteers (triage, registration, color & depth, data entry, other duties)
What: Free vision clinic – includes comprehensive exam and glasses if needed
When: Thursday, September 30th 9:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m., Friday, October 1st 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Saturday, October 2nd 8:30am – 3:30pm (Full and half shifts available)
Where: Oakridge Neighborhood Center - 1401 Center Street, Des Moines, IA 50314
Who: Adults, seniors and some children
On average, patients will spend 90 minutes to two hours in the clinic. To serve 100 patients through the clinic each day, we will have four lanes for vision care services. View all clinic details here.
If you or your vision office team would like to volunteer for the clinic and participate in this meaningful day to give back to our community, go to https://sforce.co/3wx8O4b
Helpful Tips When Registering:
- You will need to create an account through OneSight. Under Get Involved click on Volunteer to get started.
- Create a username and password. Once your account is created, login to complete your profile in its entirety to save your information
- Next you will need to click Background Check Button at bottom of MyProfile screen. User will receive an email from Sterling Volunteers that will take them through the process to submit a background check. Please note:
- The zipcode you provided when completing your Onesight Profile, must match the zipcode you enter for your Sterling Volunteer background check.
- Your Social Security number will be requested through the secure platform. If you are a licensed professional, you will need to provide your license number. Background check is processed in 1-2 business days (24-48 hours)
- Once background check is approved, you will receive an email from Onesight to log back in and sign-up for your preferred volunteer shift(s). Please note if wanting to volunteer for a full day on Thursday or Friday, you will need to select both a morning and afternoon shift for that day.
We look forward to working with you and your team to give back to underserved Iowans. If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Chad Overman at email@example.com or Amy O’Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org.