To keep your Full Benefits, you must do the following every year:
- Go to the dentist for a preventive service (exam or cleaning).
- Complete an oral health self-assessment online or call 888-472-2793 to have our customer service team assist you.
If you do not complete both Healthy Behaviors, you may have to pay a monthly fee to keep your Full Benefits. If you do not pay your monthly fee to keep Full Benefits or claim hardship, you may drop down to Basic Benefits.
Full Benefits include complete dental benefits. Basic benefits include limited services that meet the healthy behavior covered services and emergent services for members that are in pain.
|Fillings for Cavities
||Services to Diagnose and Relieve
|Pain Extractions/Tooth Replacement
|Surgical and Non-Surgical Gum Treatment
||Limited Non - Surgical Gum Treatment
Take the Oral Health Self-Assessment
Adults 19 years or older need to take the oral health self-assessment every year.
Complete your oral health self-assessment online and learn more about your oral health. To do your self-assessment, you will need the following:
- Your first and last name as it appears on your Dental Wellness Plan card
- Your date of birth
- Your Medicaid ID (located on your Dental Wellness Plan card; seven numbers followed by a letter)
It is important to enter your information correctly otherwise it may not count towards completing your “Healthy Behaviors”.
Take the Oral Health Self-Assessment Now
Go to the Dentist
You need to see a Dental Wellness Plan dentist as part of ‘Healthy Behaviors’, to keep full benefits for each following year.
- Find a Dental Wellness Plan Dentist
- Search for a dentist that accepts DWP members
- Call us at 1-888-472-2793 and we can help you find a dentist
- Make an Appointment to See a Dentist
- Call the dentist office to make an appointment
- Tell the office that you have the Dental Wellness Plan with Delta Dental of Iowa
- Go to the Dentist
- Bring your Dental Wellness Plan ID card
- Be on time
- Talk to your dentist about any health concerns and medications you are taking
- Schedule your next appointment
- Follow your dentist’s instructions
If you have to cancel your appointment, be sure to call the dentist office at least 48 hours before your appointment.