Delta Dental of Iowa Foundation Awards $496,509 to Eighteen Nonprofits for Oral and Overall Health Projects
Posted on December 20, 2022 in Foundation
The Delta Dental of Iowa Foundation awarded $496,509 to eighteen organizations to strengthen and transform the oral and overall health of all Iowans. The grants are part of the Foundation’s Community of Health Grant programs that are intended to infuse a spark, encourage new learnings, strengthen nonprofit organizations and coalition’s operations, or initiate a larger oral or overall health initiative.
“Our Foundation is committed to growing awareness of and access to oral and overall health resources and services for Iowans,” said Suzanne Heckenlaible, executive director of the Delta Dental of Iowa Foundation. “It is wonderful to see the organizations across Iowa working to advance these important health initiatives in their communities. We applaud their efforts and know that these collaborations are meaningful and will continue to grow their overall impact across Iowa.”
Oral Health and Overall Health Integration Grants award organizations up to $50,000 for projects that advance oral health or the integration of oral health with overall health. Organizations awarded grants by the Delta Dental of Iowa Foundation include:
- Broadlawns Medical Center (Des Moines, IA) received $39,499, Dental Connections (Des Moines, IA) received $34,674, and Primary Health Care (Des Moines, IA) received $17,000 to support coordinated efforts to improve access to care for underserved Iowans, including refugees via the Refugee Dental Access Pilot Project.
- FAMILY, Inc. (Council Bluffs, IA) received $25,000 to support the Children’s Oral Health Coalition Geographic Expansion.
- Health Birth Day, Inc. (Des Moines, IA) received $23,500 for the Good Oral Health and Prenatal Care Go Hand in Hand program.
- Knoxville Hospital and Clinics (Knoxville, IA) received $45,000 to support equipment and co-location of three pediatric dentists for a Pediatric Dental Surgery Service.
- American Institute of Dental Public Health (San Antonio, TX) received $49,980 for a comprehensive report on veteran oral health in Iowa through the Supporting Veteran Oral Health in Iowa project.
Overall Health Grants award organizations up to $50,000 for projects that invest in opportunities to improve wellness and vision through community health initiatives. Grants awarded by the Delta Dental of Iowa Foundation include:
- Catherine McAuley Center (Cedar Rapids, IA) received $25,000 to support the Healthcare Navigation, Education and Outreach for the Refugee & Immigrant Community Project.
- Cerro Gordo County Department Public Health (Mason City, IA) received $11,156 for Supportive Senior Services.
- Family Resources (Davenport, IA) received $20,000 to support Strengthening Holistic Care Coordination and Community Partnerships.
- Horizons (Cedar Rapids, IA) received $25,000 to support Horizons NTS Medical Rides.
- Iowa ACEs 360 (Des Moines, IA) received $30,000 to support Centering Partnerships with Community.
- Iowa Black Doula Collective (Augusta, GA) received $20,000 to support statewide efforts in Iowa of Black Doula Organizational/Business Coaching and Growth.
- Latinas Latinos Al Exito Inc (Des Moines, IA) received $25,000 to support statewide expansion of the Iowa Latinx Project.
- Planned Parenthood of the Heartland (Des Moines, IA) received $25,000 for statewide support of Transformative Care for LGBTQIA+ Iowans.
- Quad Cities Broadcasting Group (Davenport, IA) received $20,000 to support Media Messaging for Mental Health.
- TMBC at the Lincoln Center (Davenport, IA) received $15,700 to support Healthy Youth Development Series.
- YWCA of the Quad Cities (Davenport, IA) received $45,000 to support Iowa Empowerment Center Health & Wellness Outreach Program.
Delta Dental of Iowa Foundation Community of Health Grant applications from Iowa agencies are reviewed twice a year and applications are due on March 1 and September 1. Since 2002, Delta Dental has invested more than $55 million to improve the oral and overall health of Iowans. Learn more about the Foundation’s grants at deltadentalia.com/foundation.