FIND Project: Dental Education Loan Repayment
The Fulfilling Iowa's Need for Dentists (FIND) Project is a state and local collaboration to recruit and retain dentists in private practice settings in rural, underserved areas in Iowa. The project includes dental education debt repayment through the Delta Dental of Iowa (DDIA) loan repayment program. Loan repayment includes two levels of funding based on county designation. Note: Every Iowa county is eligible for the program; however, preference will be given to dentists in a high-priority or priority county.
- $200,000 over a 5-year period for a dentist serving in a high-priority county
- $125,000 over a 5-year period for a dentist serving in a priority or non-designated county
In return for the loan repayment award, the selected dentist agrees to allocate 35% of patient visits to underserved populations, including a minimum of 15% Medicaid-insured patients.
For more information on the loan repayment program and application process, contact Sara Schlievert (firstname.lastname@example.org) and click on the links below.
- 6/1 - Initial contact with DDIA & online account established
- 7/1 - Application due
- 9/1 - Community agreement and matching fund documentation due to DDIA (for required $5,000 local match)
- 11/1 - Applicant notified of award status
- 12/1 - Community check(s) due to DDIA
- 1/1/2024 - Program start date (first loan payment disbursed during first quarter)