Delta Dental of Iowa Foundation Awards $196,356 to Ten Nonprofits for Oral Health and Overall Health Projects
The Delta Dental of Iowa Foundation awarded $196,356 to ten organizations to strengthen and transform the oral and overall health of all Iowans. The grants are part of the Foundation’s Ignite and Innovation Grant programs that are intended to infuse a spark, encourage learnings or initiate a larger oral or overall health initiative. Both funds provide support to programs that align with the Foundation’s strategic areas of focus: education and advocacy, access and prevention, and policy and research.
“There is a strong sense of initiative and purpose in these Ignite and Innovation projects,” said Suzanne Heckenlaible, Executive Director of the Delta Dental of Iowa Foundation. “By expanding the footprint of research, education, and outreach, especially to diverse and at-risk populations, Delta Dental can help these organizations create immediate impact on the oral and overall health and wellbeing of Iowans.”
Ignite Grants award organizations up to $25,000 for projects that advance oral health or the integration of oral health with overall health. Organizations awarded Ignite Grants by the Delta Dental of Iowa Foundation include:
- Des Moines University (Des Moines, IA) received $25,000 to support LGBTQ Health in Iowa: Cycle II Health Assessment.
- The University of Iowa College of Dentistry and Dental Clinics (Iowa City, IA) received $11,616 to support Final Development of Ageism Scale Designed for Dental Professionals.
- The University of Iowa College of Dentistry and Dental Clinics (Iowa City, IA) received $10,000 to support Arthur Nowak Professorship Pediatric Dentistry Continuing Education.
Innovation Grants award organizations up to $25,000 for projects that invest in innovative opportunities to improve wellness and vision through community health initiatives. Innovation Grants awarded by the Delta Dental of Iowa Foundation include:
- Chrysalis Foundation (West Des Moines, IA) received $16,240 to support WISE 5 – STEM & Healthcare Training Pipeline.
- Family Resources, Inc. (Davenport, IA) received $25,000 to support Improving Health Through Comprehensive Care Partnerships.
- Feed Iowa First (Cedar Rapids, IA) received $25,000 to support Alleviation of Food Insecurity Through Production and Distribution.
- Heartland Family Services (Council Bluffs, IA) received $22,000 to support InSHAPE®, treatment combines mental and physical health for persons with serious and persistent mental illness.
- Monroe County Public Health (Albia, IA) received $18,500 to support Monroe County Health Improvement Plan: Building a Strong Plan for Health in our Future.
- Planned Parenthood of the Heartland (Des Moines, IA) received $25,000 to support statewide LGBTQIA+ Care Coordination: Improving Health Outcomes in Iowa.
- Prevent Blindness Iowa (Des Moines, IA) received $18,000 to support Children/Adult Vision Screening Projects.
Delta Dental of Iowa Foundation Ignite and Innovation Grant applications from Iowa agencies are reviewed twice a year and applications are due on May 1 and September 1. Since 2002, Delta Dental has invested more than $49 million to improve the oral and overall health of Iowans. Learn more about the Foundation’s grants at deltadentalia.com/foundation.