Delta Dental of Iowa Foundation Awards $182,395 to Eight Nonprofits for Oral Health and Overall Health Projects
The Delta Dental of Iowa Foundation awarded $182,395 to eight organizations to strengthen and transform the oral and overall health of all Iowans. The grants are part of the Foundation’s Community of Health Grant programs that are intended to infuse a spark, encourage new learnings, strengthen nonprofit organization and coalition operations, or initiate a larger oral or overall health initiative.
“These projects represent a strong commitment from our community partners to creatively address the oral and overall health needs of Iowans,” said Suzanne Heckenlaible, Executive Director of the Delta Dental of Iowa Foundation. “Delta Dental is committed to working with these nonprofit partners and supporting programs that align with our strategic goals. Together, we are able to have a greater impact in the lives of Iowans.”
Oral Health and Overall Health Integration Grants award organizations up to $50,000 for projects that advance oral health or the integration of oral health with overall health. Organizations awarded grants by the Delta Dental of Iowa Foundation include:
- Dental Connections (Des Moines, IA) received $25,000 to support Nolden Gentry Dental Clinic.
- Girls Incorporated of Sioux City (Sioux City, IA) received $20,000 to support Mind+Body 20*32.
- Southwest Iowa Families, Inc. (Clarinda, IA) received $12,395 to support Oral and Overall Health for Mom and Baby.
- United Way of Central Iowa (Des Moines, IA) received $15,000 to support Strategic Planning for a Unified Iowa Oral Health Coalition.
Overall Health Grants award organizations up to $50,000 for projects that invest in opportunities to improve wellness and vision through community health initiatives. Grants awarded by the Delta Dental of Iowa Foundation include:
- Hawkeye Area Community Action Program (Hiawatha, IA) received $25,000 to support the HACAP Connections Program to improve access to mental health resources.
- Iowa Public Health Association Foundation (West Des Moines, IA) received $50,000 to support statewide efforts Addressing the Mental Health Needs of Iowa’s Public Health Workforce.
- Mary Greeley Foundation (Ames, IA) received $10,000 to support The Third Way Project.
- Youth and Shelter Services, Inc. (Ames, IA) received $25,000 to support the 6th Avenue Flats YSS Behavioral Health Program.
Delta Dental of Iowa Foundation Community of Health Grant applications from Iowa agencies are reviewed twice a year and applications are due on March 1 and September 1. Since 2002, Delta Dental has invested more than $55 million to improve the oral and overall health of Iowans. Learn more about the Foundation’s grants at deltadentalia.com/foundation.