5 Ways to Brush and Floss Perfectly, Every Time
Whether you jump out of bed right when your hear your alarm or slam the snooze button three times before rising, brushing and flossing in the morning should be a repeat ritual. And the technique is just as important as the routine.
Follow these five tips to get your best brush and floss every time:
1. Dentists recommend using a soft-bristled toothbrush, but this depends on your specific oral care needs. Whatever toothbrush you use, be sure to brush at a 45-degree angle ensuring the bristles meet the gum line and gently move the brush in a circular motion throughout your mouth.
2. Brush your tongue to keep your breath smelling good and remove bacteria.
3. Use about 18 inches of floss and ease it between your teeth using a gentle rubbing motion. It's important to be gentle so not to cause trauma to your gums.
4. Curve floss around each tooth making a “C” shape and gently rub the floss up and down each side of the tooth ensuring you meet the gum line.
5. Keep rinsing to a minimum after brushing, especially if you're prone to cavities. The residue from fluoride toothpaste will help strengthen and protect teeth against tooth decay.
If you follow the above suggestions, you'll be your dentist's new favorite patient!