Top 5 Tooth Brushing App for Kids | Improve Your Child’s Smile
Posted on December 25, 2018 in Dental Health
Everything has an app these days. But there’s a way to capitalize on the app frenzy and get your kids to take better care of their smile!
Below are a handful of our favorite FREE tooth brushing apps for kids that can help improve your child’s brushing and flossing habits.
Our Top Five Favorite Tooth brushing apps for Kids
- brushDJ– This award-winning app makes brushing teeth fun. It allows you to choose the music you want to play during the recommended two-minute brush time, so you and your kids know exactly when to stop brushing. Added features include video tutorials on how to properly floss your teeth and reminders for your next visit to the dentist. Download: Apple | Android
- Brush Up– This app uses your phone’s camera as a virtual mirror so kids can see themselves and watch a video teaching them how to brush simultaneously—all while they are brushing. When they’re finished, they can watch a video replay that was captured of their brushing, and they can earn rewards for proper brushing technique. Download: Apple | Android
- Toothsavers– With a fairytale storyline, this app gamifies brushing by gives kids the task of saving the game’s kingdom by removing a cavity-casting spell. It’s helpful for children who have a difficult time brushing their teeth for the full two minutes. Download: Apple | Android
- Brusheez Little Monsters– Kids start the app by playing with the Little Monsters before brushing begins. The Little Monster characters then guide children through brushing their teeth with music and a two-minute timer. Download: Apple
- Brush Teeth with The Wiggles– This app is great for the youngest of brushers. It features a video of the Wiggles characters and other kids brushing in order to keep children motivated to take care of their own teeth. It also features a timer and the ability to add multiple kids so that each child can earn their own rewards. Download: Apple | Android
A Consistent Routine Will Also Aid Your Children’s Oral Health
While apps and technology can help your child develop good oral health habits, the key to a healthy smile is a consistent brushing routine. Your good smile health today sets your family up for good oral health in their adult years.
To learn more about our dental plans, CLICK HERE.
*Updated January 2022