The Top 5 Easter Treats that Don't Include a Chocolate Bunny
Easter is right around the corner and that means the grocery aisles are filled with pastel peeps and jellybeans. If your kids are anything like mine, you also deal with the googly eyes of your little one and are tempted to cave when presented with a multi-pack of caramel eggs.
Fear not; Delta Dental of Iowa is here to save you. Here are the top 5 non-candy treats the Easter Bunny could deliver to your house this weekend:
- Coloring books and crayons – what little kids don't love to sit and color? Take the extra step and buy scented crayons or makers. They will be elated and it will keep them busy while you make lunch!
- Candy and gum with xylitol – these candies not only save your kids from a sugar attack on their teeth, they may actually reduce their chances of getting a cavity.
- Inexpensive jewelry or toys – you little ones will be so excited to play, he will probably forget about the sugar he was expecting… at least for a while!
- Books – fun Easter books can help explain to children why we celebrate Easter and keep their minds off all the sweets.
- Money – Kids these days are always excited to get money. Whether they want to put it in their piggy bank for safekeeping or hit the store to buy a new game, money is always a sure hit with kids.
Whether or not you decide to celebrate Easter with a candy overload, it is important to instill that candy is a “sometimes” treat. If your kids understand that little tidbit, you are looking at a lifetime of healthy smiles.