Use the protective power of an eye exam
Posted on October 19, 2022 in Vision Health
The health of your eyes can tell a lot about your overall wellness. That’s why annual eye exams are so important. Protect your vision and overall health with regular visits to the eye doctor.
Eye exams help detect serious problems sooner
Your eyes can be windows to your overall health. Some serious health problems can show early signs through your eyes— ones you don’t want to miss. A visit to your eye doctor can help detect signs of diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and eye diseases like cataracts and glaucoma. Catching these diseases early makes it easier to treat them.
Eye exams fight tech with tech
We spend hours staring at phones, laptops, and tablets every day. While these screens are a valuable part of our work and free time, they put out harmful blue light rays. Reports suggest overexposure to blue light may cause blurry vision, difficulty focusing, dry and irritated eyes, or headaches.
Turn the tables on the digital age with an eye exam. Your eye doctor can detect any changes in your eyes due to screen exposure and may recommend investing in blue light glasses, which help protect your eyes.
Eye exams at every age
Eye exams are important at every age, whether you are one or 101. Everyone is susceptible to vision problems which can affect their quality of life. Here are some key takeaways:
- Babies and toddlers: Should have their first eye exam between six and 12 months.
- School-age children: One in four may have vision problems that may affect learning.
- Adults: Over 75 percent of adults in the U.S. use some form of vision correction.
- Seniors: The most common sufferers of glaucoma, cataracts, and macular degeneration.
- Moms-to-be: Pregnancy can cause vision changes that your doctor should know about.
Find an eye doctor near you
DeltaVision® makes it easy to get the important eye exams you need with the freedom to choose the doctor, hours, and location that work best for you.
Learn more about our DeltaVision plans.