Nonprofit Organizational Strengthening and Resilience Grants
Delta Dental of Iowa Foundation is committed to strengthening and transforming the health and smiles of all Iowans. The pandemic has disrupted the daily operations of Iowa’s nonprofit organizations and for some has put into question their long-term viability. As the pandemic continues, nonprofit organizations continue to adapt their operations to meet their missions while facing increased demand for services and in many cases, declining revenues. Responding to the immediate and short-term needs has been important, but as the pandemic persists, planning for the long-term must also be a priority to ensure critical services are still available to those who need them most. In continuation of our nonprofit relief efforts, the Delta Dental of Iowa Foundation outlines the following grant program:
NEW: Nonprofit Organizational Strengthening and Resilience Grants
The Delta Dental of Iowa Foundation is offering grants of up to $25,000 to assist nonprofit organizations to focus on long-term operational planning needs as a result of the pandemic.
Examples of potential projects include but are not limited to:
- Support development of strategic partnerships/alignment of organizations or formal organizational merger to enable organizations to share expertise, space, coordinate efforts, create efficiencies, expand resources, achieve scale and impact
- Support coalition or system building to collectively assess, map and address unmet and ongoing community needs as related to continued pandemic relief and recovery efforts
- Support organizational and financial scenario planning to inform ongoing decision making considering ever evolving environmental changes
- External review and enhancement of human resource practices and policies (COVID-19 specific operation policies, revised volunteer policies, equity, diversity and inclusion policies, etc.)
- Organization must serve Iowans
- Must have an active 501(c)3 IRS status
- Eligible organizations must work to improve the oral and/or overall health (wellness, vision, mental health) of Iowans
- Health Equity – priority will be given to organizations focused on addressing social determinants of health for populations disproportionately affected by the pandemic
Ineligible Funding Requests
Requests to support ongoing general operations, programming, debt reduction or "gap filling" will not be considered.
The Foundation will begin accepting grant requests starting September 16 until November 15th. Applicants will be notified of funding allocations by December 1st.
If you have questions regarding the Nonprofit Organizational
Strengthening and Resilience Grants, please contact the Foundation team at [email protected]