A Smile-Inspired Latte for Pumpkin Spice Lovers
Posted on September 15, 2016 in Just for Kicks
There's nothing better than sipping a hot latte while strolling down the sidewalk. Your fall boots are out, but so is your luck. Autumn treats can be loaded with sugar —averaging 1/4 cup per drink! Consuming high amounts of sugar feeds plaque-causing bacteria, which can form cavities.
What's a pumpkin spice lover to do? Try this healthier alternative to satisfy your autumn addiction:
- 8 ounces of coffee brewed with a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 4 tablespoons of pumpkin puree
- ½ cup of whole cow's milk, goat's milk or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla or almond extract
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Bonus: Apple cider vinegar (ACV) regulates blood sugar and helps with digestion. But use only a little, as too much can wear away tooth enamel!
- 2-3 drops of honey, if desired
1. Mix milk with pumpkin puree in a saucepan and heat over stovetop at medium heat.
2. Remove mixture from heat and stir in vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, apple cider vinegar and honey.
3. Froth mixture using a milk frother or blender.
4. Combine mixture with freshly brewed coffee in a large mug.
5. Sip and enjoy!
Give it a try and tell us if you're in love in the comments below.