Who is eligible to purchase Delta Dental of Iowa individual dental plans?
Delta Dental individual plans are available to all permanent residents of Iowa who live in Iowa at least 6 months of the year. Policies can cover you, your spouse and/or eligible children. All of these plans can be purchased with or without the ACA defined children's pediatric dental benefit.
- Platinum ‐ Our richest plan with a $2,000 annual benefit maximum. Coverage includes benefits for preventive, restorative and major services.
- Preferred ‐ Our most popular plan with a $1,000 annual benefit maximum. Coverage includes benefits for preventive, restorative and major services.
- Preventive ‐ Affordable coverage that includes benefits for preventive care and includes savings on cavity repair.
The ACA requirement only affects individuals that cover children up to the age of 21. Delta Dental's plans with the pediatric dental essential health benefit (EHB) include:
- Coverage for preventive care such as exams and cleanings
- Coverage for children up to age 21
- No annual or lifetime maximum for children's dental benefits
- Medically necessary orthodontia coverage
- Out-of-pocket maximum of $350 per child or $700 for all children on the policy for 2021. For 2022, the out-of-pocket limit will be $375 per child or $750 for all children on the policy.
Back To FAQs