Coronavirus (COVID-19) Nonprofit Emergency Operating Relief Grants
April 2, 2020 - All COVID-19 emergency funds have been allocated at this time.
Delta Dental of Iowa Foundation is committed to strengthening and transforming the health and smiles of all Iowans. During these unprecedented times, we understand communities across Iowa are dealing with the effects of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic.
How We Are Helping
The Foundation has committed $500,000 for a COVID-19 Nonprofit Emergency Operating Relief Fund. Through this fund the Foundation is offering operating grants of up to $10,000 to Iowa nonprofit organizations focused on providing health and wellness services during this crisis, or addressing food insecurity needs.
The Foundation began accepting grant requests on March 23rd until the funds were all allocated by April 2nd.
COVID-19 Nonprofit Emergency Operating Relief Grant Eligibility
Grants will support the general operations of eligible nonprofits who meet the following criteria:
- Organization must be located in Iowa and serve Iowans
- Must have an active 501(c)3 IRS status
- Priority will be given to nonprofits focused on providing health and wellness related services during COVID-19 crisis, or addressing food insecurity issues with a health equity lens (serving those who will be most adversely impacted)
- Funds can be used to cover fixed operational expenses such as: salaries for medical providers, volunteer coordinators, medical workforce (e.g., lab technicians, CNAs), rent, utilities, internet, insurance, phone, medical supplies, etc.
Current Grantees – No requirement to return funds for 90 days
The Foundation will not be accepting any funds returned by grantees for the next 90 days. If a program or event that was funded by the Foundation is canceled or postponed, staff will work with the grantee to determine by June 15th if the program, project or event will be able to be conducted by December 31, 2021.
*UPDATE - COVID-19 Nonprofit Emergency Operating Relief Fund Recipients
Delta Dental of Iowa Foundation has awarded 128 Iowa nonprofits, covering assistance programs in all 99 counties, a combined total of $500,000 in grants to provide for Iowans during this time of need. The bulk of the nearly 300 applications received were for programs addressing food security or vital health services for children and vulnerable populations. Many of these organizations serve as a critical safety net for populations such as older adults, homeless, individuals with disabilities, and communities of color.
Focus of awarded funding:
- Health/Mental Health Services Funds - (e.g., special needs direct care workers, nursing therapy, mental health services, health information/resource navigation)
- General Emergency Funds - (e.g. food, shelter, fixed operation costs)
Click here for a full list of all grant recipients.
If you have questions regarding the COVID-19 Nonprofit Emergency Operation Relief Grants or current grants, please reach out to the Foundation team.