DWP Kids Orthodontia Services (Braces)
The DWP Kids program covers orthodontia services. Coverage for braces is only available if it is considered medically necessary. Additionally, you must see a participating DWP network dentist. To find a participating dentist, follow the steps below:
- Go to the DWP Kids Dentist Search.
- Enter your zip code or city.
- Select "Orthodontist" from the Specialty dropdown menu.
- Select "Search."
Be sure to confirm with your dentist that they participate in the Dental Wellness Plan Kids network.
Orthodontic treatment for cosmetic reasons is not covered. Below are some scenarios of when orthodontia services may or may not be covered:
- Your middle-school-age child has a significant overbite with several teeth out of position that makes it difficult for him or her to chew. This condition may harm your child's health. So, it may be considered for coverage. Talk with your dentist to find out more.
- Your middle-school age child is embarrassed of his or her smile because of crooked teeth but the jaws are acceptably aligned. This condition is not an immediate health concern. It does not qualify for the coverage.
To find a dentist for braces, visit the Find a Dentist page.