hawk-i Dental Coverage through Delta Dental of Iowa
Delta Dental of Iowa is the administrator for hawk-i dental coverage. For more information on the hawk-i dental coverage, click on the links below.
- Find a hawk-i Dentist - In order to be eligible for hawk-i dental coverage, you must see a participating dentist in the Delta Dental Premier network. Participating dentists will indicate "hawk-i" under the Plans Accepted section. See "hawk-i Orthodontic Services" below on how to find a hawk-i dentist that provides orthodontic services.
- View Your Dental Coverage - Summary of services covered under hawk-i or you can visit our secure Member Connection to see your coverage and claims.
- ID Cards - Delta Dental of Iowa will send you a welcome packet that will include your ID card. You can also print an ID card from our secure Member Portal.
hawk-i Orthodontic Services
The hawk-i program covers orthodontic services. Coverage for braces is only available if it is considered medically necessary. Additionally, you must see a participating hawk-i orthodontic network dentist. To find a participating hawk-i orthodontic network dentist, follow the steps below:
- Go to the hawk-i Dentist Search.
- Enter your zip code or city.
- Select "Search."
- Click on "Expand Search Criteria" from the hawk-i Dentist Search Results page.
- Select "Orthodontist" from the Specialty dropdown menu.
- Then select "Search Again."
Please note, dentists will be listed as "hawk-i Ortho" under the Plans Accepted section. Be sure to confirm with your dentist that they participate in the hawk-i orthodontic network.
Orthodontic treatment for cosmetic reasons is not covered. Below are some scenarios of when orthodontic services may or may not be covered:
- Your middle-school-age child has a significant overbite with several teeth out of position that makes it difficult for him or her to chew. This condition may harm your child's health. So, it may be considered for coverage. Talk with your dentist to find out more.
- Your middle-school age child is embarrassed of his or her smile because of crooked teeth but the jaws are acceptably aligned. This condition is not an immediate health concern. It does not qualify for the coverage.
The ID printed on the front of the card will be used by your provider to file claims with Delta Dental. Make sure you are visiting a dentist participating in the Delta Dental network and tell the dentist you are a hawk-i member covered by Delta Dental. For orthodontic visits, make sure you visit a hawk-i orthodontic network dentist.
If you have questions regarding this information or any other questions related to your dental coverage, please contact us at 800-544-0718.
For More Information on hawk-i Dental Coverage
More information on hawk-i dental coverage can be found on www.InsureKidsNow.gov.
For hawk-i Dentists and Participating Offices
Offices and dentists participating in the hawk-i dental coverage you may need to complete a risk assessment form or other documentation when submitting claims. Go to the Resources area of the secure Dentist Connection.